IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Awards & IMC Juran Quality Medal presented on 16 March 2017
In order to recognize Excellence, IMC’s Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award (IMC RBNQA) Trust presented IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Awards & IMC Juran Quality Medal on 16 March 2017. The award ceremony was held at Y B Chavan Center from 6 pm onwards. The awards were presented by the Chief Guest for the ceremony, Dr R A Mashelkar, FRS, National Research Professor & President,Global Research Alliance.
IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Awards are possibly the most prestigious national quality Awards in the Country. The Awards were named after late Shri.Ramkrishna Bajaj, Past President, IMC and a leading Industrialist. The award process follows rigorous training and evaluation. All applicant organizations irrespective of winning an Award or not receive a detailed feedback report – beneficial to map the quality journey of the Organization.
Since the institution of the Award in 1996, over 650 organizations have expressed their intention to apply and over 500 of them have gone through the evaluation process.
The Award process covers seven categories namely manufacturing, service, small business, overseas, education, health care and NGOs.
IMC RBNQ Award process has multiple benefits to Indian organizations:
• Implementing the criteria is a reward in itself. Organizations participating in the process go through a self-assessment exercise with emphasis on result-oriented performance measurements.
• All applicants receive feedback reports commenting on their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
• Unique aspect of this award is that its winners are recognized at an international platform too. The IMC RBNQA winners are eligible to participate in the Asia Pacific Quality Organization (APQO) World Class Global Performance Excellence awards.
‘The IMC Juran Quality Medal’ recognizes individual excellence and role models in the field of quality. The medal was named after late Dr. J M Juran – Founder and Chairman Emeritus of the reputed Juran Institute for Quality, USA. In 1996, Dr.J M Juran gave permission to the IMC Quality Awards Committee to use his name for a Quality Medal.
IMC JURAN QUALITY MEDAL 2016
Dr Anil Kakodkar
Chairman, Rajiv Gandhi Science & Technology Commission
Recognitions of 2016 IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Awards
IMC RAMKRISHNA BAJAJ NATIONAL QUALITY AWARD 2016
• Aditya Birla Financial Services, Mumbai – Service Category
• Global Indian International School, Kuala Lumpur Campus, Malaysia – Overseas Category
• Marico Limited, Unit - Baddi, H.P. – Manufacturing Category
IMC RBNQ PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE TROPHY 2016
• A J Hospital & Research Centre, Mangalore – Health Care Category
• Aditya Birla Insulators, A Unit of Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd, Hooghly – Manufacturing Category
• Castrol India Ltd, Mumbai – Manufacturing Category
• Drive India Enterprise Solutions Ltd , Mumbai – Service Category
• Essel Propack Limited, Kundaim, Goa – Manufacturing Category
• JSW Steel Coated Products Ltd, Vasind, Tarapur & Kalmeshwar – Manufacturing Category
• National Payments Corporation of India, Mumbai – Service Category
• Reliance Industries Limited, Nagothane Manufacturing Division – Manufacturing Category
• UltraTech Cement Limited,Unit: Kotputli Cement Works, Jaipur – Manufacturing Category
IMC RBNQ CERTIFICATE OF MERIT 2016
• Bangalore Baptist Hospital, Bangalore – Health Care Category
• Crystal Marketing Corporation, Hyderabad – Small Business Category
• Grant Medical Foundation, Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune – Health Care Category
• ISKCON Food Relief Foundation (Annamrita), Mumbai – NGO Category
• Marathon Group, Mumbai – Service Category
• Pushpalata Educational Centre, Tirunelveli, TN – Education Category
• UltraTech Cement Ltd, Unit: Sewagram Cement Works – Manufacturing Category
• Varroc Engineering Private Limited (VEPL-I), Aurangabad – Manufacturing Category
• Vedanta Limited, Sesa Goa Iron Ore, Goa – Manufacturing Category
Mr. Deepak Premnarayen, President, IMC Chamber of Commerce & Industry, said, “It is with pleasure that we recall the role of Shri Ramkrishna Bajaj as a business leader. He was a crusader for ethics in business, social welfare and consumer protection. He established the Council for Fair Business Practices to facilitate his crusade. He believed in Customer-driven quality. The IMC RBNQA criteria for Performance Excellence is a great management tool to bring in organizational transformation and integration.“
Speaking on the award, Mr.Niraj Bajaj, Chairman, IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award Trust, said, “The IMC RBNQA Criteria for Performance Excellence believes in a holistic approach towards achieving organizational excellence. We have completed two decades of the IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award. It has been a roller coaster ride of learning because the model for performance excellence is constantly evolving. This evolution is a reflection of the dynamic economic and social environments.”
“Organizations are increasingly recognizing the critical role suppliers play in the success of their own operations and businesses. Indian organizations and suppliers must work as partners to provide the highest quality offerings created in the most efficient and effective manner. I recommend that IMC RBNQA applicant organizations must partner with their suppliers, and use the same criteria to grow their suppliers for achieving customer delight and world-class quality” says Mr.Suresh Lulla, Chairman, IMC RBNQ Awards Committee.